Here are my nails I finished tonight. They are groovy dots nails, it is the only name I could think of. Here is my rundown of how I did them, they were super easy, it’s just a little time consuming waiting for them to dry well. I had no idea where I was going with these colors, I just chose 3 and let my imagination work. This would look awesome in other colors too, using more retro colors like green, orange and white or black white and red.
1. First I used a Palladio Green tea Nail Fortifier treatment (not the best basecoat, but does strengthen nails after awhile).
2. Then I used Sally Girl from sally beauty black on first (2coats). This is cool nail polish and not bad for 1.00 a min bottle, there are a ton of colors and they dry surprisingly hard.
3. After waiting about 15 minutes I took Sally Hansen HD nail polish in “Pixel Pretty” and just let the paint drip off the brush in small dots onto my nails. If they are too tall, take a q tip and just touch the top of the dot to grab the extra polish.
4. When I finished that I used Kiss Nail Art in “Beach Purple” , to make even smaller dots right on top of the green. It’s easy because the brush for the Beach Purple is very long and thin. The beach purple dots don’t have to be layered perfectly in the middle of the aqua colored dots. They are groovier and more retro if they are not centered, but go to the edge of the aqua dots.
5. I waited about 20 minutes so the polish wouldn’t smear before I applied the glorious Seche Vite Fast Dry Top Coat. I was very careful for another hour because the dots had a thicker coat of paint on them and took longer to dry.
And here they are! They make me want to go to a groovy beach party and drink pina colada’s and strawberry daquiri’s!