Tonight I finally got around to following a youtube tutorial using Variegated Gold Leaf in green and red mixed together. This is definitely not an everyday look! For this look I used….
- LASplash eyeshadow primer
- MAC Orpheus Eyeliner
- Maybelline Liquid Eyeliner Eye Stiletto black
- MAC Antique Gold Cream Color Base
- Variegated Gold Leaf in green and red torn apart
- Maybelline XXL Pro 24 hr Bold Very Black
- Fake eyelashes from Sally Beauty
- MAC Blushcreme in Uncommon
- Jordana Lipliner in Plush Red
- Milani Glitzy Gloss in All About Me
This was a fun look, but the gold leaf irritated my lids after a couple of hours so I had to remove it, (regular makeup remover and soap and water). You’ll need a sticky base for the leaf and don’t get it in your eyes. This particular brand ( http://www.houstonart.com ) of metal leaf comes in several colors: Gold, Silver, Copper, Variegated Red, Variegated Green, Variegated Black, Variegated Blue, and Variegated Dawn. You can buy it at probably any craft or hobby store, it comes in a pack of sheets or you can buy a bag of pre broken up leaf.
Here is the link for the tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/user/MakeupByRisa#p/a/u/2/VMcy5aEUFCA